Saturday, March 16, 2013

It is finished. You can now rest.

Christ has paid all for you. It is finished. You can now rest.

John 19:30
New Living Translation (NLT)
30 When Jesus had tasted it, he said, “It is finished!” Then he bowed his head and released his spirit.

Matthew 11:28-30
New Living Translation (NLT)
28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

Psalm 118:6
English Standard Version (ESV)
6 (A)The Lord is on my side; (B)I will not fear.
    What can man do to me?

Matthew 10:28
English Standard Version (ESV)
28 And (A)do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him (B)who can destroy both soul and body in hell.[a]

http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/conference-messages/work-and-rest

No comments:

Post a Comment