Thursday, March 7, 2013

The total depravity of my flesh

My flesh like the worm of hell is ever so hungry.
Always carving but never fulfilling.

Sniffing for things to devour on its way.
There can never be enough to which it will be satisfied.

Oh Lord my God have mercy on me!
For I am utterly depraved.

Feed me O Lord with your word.
Incline my heart to your testimony.

Lest I turn and go on my ways
Nibbling upon a dead man's flesh

Renew me O Lord to the steadfastness of your love every day.
Do not abandon me to Sheol Oh my God!

Oh Lord what a wretch I am!
Turn from me Oh Holy One for I am filthy.

Fall on me Oh lofty mountain!
For great is my transgression and most worthy of death.

~Isaiah 66:24
English Standard Version (ESV)
24 “And they shall go out and look on the dead bodies of the men who have rebelled against me. For (A)their worm shall not die, (B)their fire shall not be quenched, and they shall be an abhorrence to all flesh.”

~Jeremiah 15:16
New Living Translation (NLT)
16 When I discovered your words, I devoured them.
    They are my joy and my heart’s delight,
for I bear your name,
    O Lord God of Heaven’s Armies.

~Psalm 119:156
New Living Translation (NLT)
156 Lord, how great is your mercy;
    let me be revived by following your regulations.

~Psalm 119:36
English Standard Version (ESV)
36 (A)Incline my heart to your testimonies,
    and not to (B)selfish gain!

~Psalm 23:3
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
3 He (A)restores my soul;
He (B)guides me in the [a](C)paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

~Psalm 38:21
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
21 Do not forsake me, O Lord;
O my God, (A)do not be far from me!

~Psalm 16:10
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
10 For You (A)will not abandon my soul to [a]Sheol;
Nor will You [b](B)allow Your [c]Holy One to [d]undergo decay.

No comments:

Post a Comment