Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Quit those methodology for it is I who saves declares the Lord!

Quit those methodology for it is I who saves declares the Lord (Insight from Romans 7)
==========================================================================


Dialog between Adam and Eve:

Eve:Wow! The apple! It must have been very tasty.

Adam:No! Didn't you heard what the Lord said? Of all fruits you must not eat the apple!

Eve:But the apple looks beautiful!

Adam:Ok ok let us try to cover our eyes with these leaves. Perhaps if we will not see the apple we will not be tempted to eat

Eve:Hmmm what's that smell... The apple! it smell great!

Adam:Man this is not going to work... Ok ok cover your nose as well. Perhaps if you did not smell it you will not think of it?

Eve:But... but I still smell the apple?

Adam:Didn't I just told you not to think of it? Oh well... may be we could just take a little bite..

If you use your own method to overcome Sin, Sin would grow stronger making it harder for you to overcome!

You could use different therapy or counselling. It is of no avail if one does not abide in Christ!

~Romans 7:7-13
God’s Law Reveals Our Sin
7 Well then, am I suggesting that the law of God is sinful? Of course not! In fact, it was the law that showed me my sin. I would never have known that coveting is wrong if the law had not said, “You must not covet.”[a] 8 But sin used this command to arouse all kinds of covetous desires within me! If there were no law, sin would not have that power. 9 At one time I lived without understanding the law. But when I learned the command not to covet, for instance, the power of sin came to life, 10 and I died. So I discovered that the law’s commands, which were supposed to bring life, brought spiritual death instead. 11 Sin took advantage of those commands and deceived me; it used the commands to kill me. 12 But still, the law itself is holy, and its commands are holy and right and good.

13 But how can that be? Did the law, which is good, cause my death? Of course not! Sin used what was good to bring about my condemnation to death. So we can see how terrible sin really is. It uses God’s good commands for its own evil purposes.

It is I who saves declares the Lord!

~Isaiah 43:11
11 “I, even I, am the Lord,
And there is no (A)savior (B)besides Me.

Try as you might! You will not win the battle if you do not abide in Christ!

~Romans 7:15
15 I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate.

~John 15:6
6 If anyone does not abide in me (A)he is thrown away like a branch and withers; (B)and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.

~Matthew 23:37
How often I have wanted to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you wouldn’t let me.

~Matthew 11:28
28 (A)Come to (B)me, all who labor and are (C)heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

No wonder it become harder each day as I strive to keep a covenant with my eyes not to have second look at scantily clad woman! The more I tell myself not to lust, the more potent lust becomes!

~Romans 7:24-25
New Living Translation (NLT)
24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? 25 Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.

For it is impossible for a man to repent unless God works in him causing repentant in that man.

~2 Timothy 2:25
God (B)may perhaps grant them repentance (C)leading to a knowledge of the truth,

~Matthew 19:26
With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Oh Lord may you complete the good work you start in me! Yet not as I will but your will be done !

~Philippians 1:6
New Living Translation (NLT)
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

Note:

"When you refuse to teach on the radical depravity of men, it is an impossibility that you bring glory to God, His Christ, and His cross, because the cross of Jesus Christ and the glory thereof is most magnified when it's placed in front of the backdrop of our depravity!" ~ Paul Washer

"We know that prohibition increases criminality, because we saw it during alcohol prohibition. The Eighteenth Amendment was a boon to organized crime, which was fueled by the profits from illegal liquor sales. There were an estimated 30,000 speakeasies in New York City during Prohibition. That exceeded the number of legal bars in the "city before Prohibition. Making alcohol illegal actually increased its appeal."
- The Real Crash by Peter Schiff.

No comments:

Post a Comment