Sunday, August 12, 2012

It is God's mercy that we are consider nothing but "worms"

It is God's mercy that we are consider nothing but "worms"

Oh how bless it is to know that all my works are nothing but filthy rags.

Isaiah 64:6
New Living Translation (NLT)
6 We are all infected and impure with sin.When we display our righteous deeds,they are nothing but filthy rags.Like autumn leaves, we wither and fall,and our sins sweep us away like the wind.

For if it isn't so I would have work until I die and have not the least been justify before God.

How bless it is to know that I am nothing but a worm so that being nothing and totally deprave, grace is able to pour upon my wretched soul like a soothing balm upon a rotten flesh.

Isaiah 41:14
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
14 “Do not fear, you (A)worm Jacob, you men of Israel;I will help you,” declares the Lord, “[a]and (B)your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel.

Notice the tenderness in the way God spoke to Jacob? "I will help you,” declares the Lord, “[a]and (B)your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel. God is not humiliating Jacob unlike the depravity of man but rather in his sovereignty showing mercy to Jacob by considering him to be a worm.

For If I'm consider worthy in the sight of God to paid for my sin, I am under obligation to pay for my Sin. Who can then pay this enormous debt that I owe God but God alone.

How merciful the Lord is to me by considering me as unworthy. How glad it is to be consider a worm in the eyes of God.

Psalm 130:3
New Living Translation (NLT)
3 Lord, if you kept a record of our sins, who, O Lord, could ever survive?

No comments:

Post a Comment