Sunday, August 12, 2012

Activity! Activity! How can anyone find God amidst all the noises and activity?

Activity! Activity! How can anyone find God amidst all the noises and activity?

1.Be still, and know that I am God

Psalm 46:10
New King James Version (NKJV)
10 Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!

Habakkuk 2:20
New King James Version (NKJV)
20 “But the Lord is in His holy temple.
Let all the earth keep silence before Him.”

Exodus 14:13-14
New Living Translation (NLT)
13 But Moses told the people, “Don’t be afraid. Just stand still and watch the Lord rescue you today. The Egyptians you see today will never be seen again. 14 The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.”

2.Any practice that interferes with worshiping God should be stopped.

Matthew 21:12-13
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Cleansing the Temple
12 (A)And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all those who were buying and selling in the temple, and overturned the tables of the (B)money changers and the seats of those who were selling (C)doves. 13 And He *said to them, “It is written, ‘(D)My house shall be called a house of prayer’; but you are making it a (E)robbers’ [a]den.”

3.We are but a worm! And our duty as a disciple is not to better ourselves through self-help but to have total reliance on God.

Isaiah 41:14
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
14 “Do not fear, you (A)worm Jacob, you men of Israel;
I will help you,” declares the Lord, “[a]and (B)your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel.

4.The primary work of the Holy Spirit is to abolish the pride and arrogance that keep us from being open to the Scriptures.

The primary work of the Holy Spirit in (Bible study) is to abolish the pride and arrogance that keep us from being open to the Scriptures. The Holy Spirit makes us teachable because He makes us humble. He causes us to rely wholly on the mercy of God in Christ for our happiness so that we are not threatened if one of our views is found to be wrong. The person who knows Himself finite and unworthy, and who thus rejoices in the mercy of God, has nothing to lose when his ego is threatened.

5.Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God.

2 John 1:9-11 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
9 [a]Anyone who [b]goes too far and (A)does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, (B)do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting; 11 for the one who gives him a greeting (C)participates in his evil deeds.

6.We are to totally rely on God's providence alone.

Psalm 23
A psalm of David.
1 The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need. 2 He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams.3He renews my strength.He guides me along right paths,bringing honor to his name.4 Even when I walk through the darkest valley,[a] I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. 5 You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil.My cup overflows with blessings. 6 Surely your goodness and failing love will pursue me all the days of my life,and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.

Luke 10:41-42 New Living Translation (NLT)
41 But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! 42 There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.”

7.Mercy and a heart that seek after God is what that God desires compare to our "sacrifices"


Hosea 6:6 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
For (A)I delight in loyalty (B(goodness, kindness) rather than sacrifice,
And in the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.

8.Using self help instead of the word of God to administer to God's people is a great humiliation to God.


Jeremiah 6:14-15 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
14 “They have (A)healed the brokenness of My people superficially,
Saying, ‘Peace, peace,’
But there is no peace.
15 “Were they (B)ashamed because of the abomination they have done?
They were not even ashamed at all;
They did not even know how to blush.
Therefore they shall fall among those who fall;
At the time that I punish them,
They shall be cast down,” says the Lord.

9.God is most glorify in us when we are most satisfied in him when we come to him in prayers and supplication in the midst of our afflication. By waiting anxiously for His deliverance God is glorify and is most willing as a supreme being to help his people.

John 6:29

New Living Translation (NLT)
29 Jesus told them, “This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent.”

~A W Tozer
"Coming before God in quietness & waiting upon Him in silence can accomplish more than days of feverish activity."


Be still for the presence of the Lord 


Be still for the presence of the Lord

The Holy One is here
Come bow before Him now
With reverence and fear

In Him no sin is found
We stand on holy ground
Be still for the presence of the Lord

The Holy One is here

No comments:

Post a Comment