Saturday, November 19, 2011

Love Hurts

The topic I'm going to share about is "Love Hurt"

Let's recall from a time in the bible when Jesus raise lazerus from the dead.

We'll be reading from John 11:33-36 while Jesus was on his way to meet Lazerus.

33 When Jesus saw her weeping and saw the other people wailing with her, a deep anger welled up within him,* and he was deeply troubled. 34 “Where have you put him?” he asked them.
They told him, “Lord, come and see.” 35 Then Jesus wept. 36 The people who were standing nearby said, “See how much he loved him!”

Jesus wept because He was overwhelmed with compassion for Mary and Martha (John 11:33). Compassion is feeling what other people feel. Mary and Martha were broken-hearted that their brother had died. Jesus could feel the pain that Mary and Martha felt at that moment, and He shed real tears for them. All the people watching could see the great love that Jesus felt for this family (John 11:36).

In ancient time when some one died, the decease relative will hire mourner to wept for the decease. But notice that the people around actually able to realise and differentiate between Jesus's geunine Love from the artificial Love of the mourner who are also crying.

Communication I see is the exchange of energy. Where we receive an energy from someone and process it before we return it back to them.

For thoses who have studied physic you may have heard from a quote by Albert Einstein that “Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.”

If the energy is full of wounds, we need to bandage it, warp it up nicely before we returns. And this energy will do it's work in the healing of the hearts.

However in order to aquire a heart of empathy, we must be willing to be around hurting people. Be willing to absorb and share their pain and a heart healthy enough to process that energy into a positive ones and return it back to the person.

If the person does not feel better after sharing their pain with me.

Most probably they realise I'm only entertaining them. Because I have block my heart from sharing the pain with them.

If I feel the pain of the other person is feeling, a miraculous thing has happen. I have shared the pain of another person. The pain the other person feel I believe will be reduce significantly.

This bring me to the notion that in order to prevent my heart from hardening, I have to consistently break it by sharing the pain of others until it is tender.

I like one of the verse quoted by Mother Theresa which says “And If I love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.”

Last but not least let's us always meditate on John 13:34-35

34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

No comments:

Post a Comment