Sunday, February 13, 2011

Lord I pray that you’ll bless me with more time for you.


I have always hope that I can have more time devoted to God.

And so i work hard to upgrade myself and spending a lot of time studying hoping one fine day when I’m more ‘successful’ I'll be able to have more time for the Lord.

But the more I work and study the more busy I become. The more I want to get rid of this curse of working (Or in a way ‘blessing’) , the more I'm putting this curse into work.

Then I realise that I need to be a Mary in a Martha's world. There is no ‘perfect’ timing for the Lord. Perfect timing can only exist in Heaven.

There is always work to be done. The consequences of our sin. Discontentment in life keeps us toiling. Envy keeps us going...

I think God really appreciate us when we really 'sacrifices' the time out of our busy life style to commit our prayer and bible study to Him and not when we have abundant of time.

In so doing It shows that we’re putting God the first priority in our life and that we’re really relying on God in times of trouble and not on our own strength.

Ultimately It is our heart that God is interested in ; the two copper coins that matter most...


Jeremiah 7:19 (New International Version, ©2010)
19 But am I the one they are provoking? declares the LORD. Are they not rather harming themselves, to their own shame?

Commentary on Jeremiah 7:19
This verse answers the question, Who gets hurt when we turn away from God? We do! Separating ourselves from God is like keeping a green plant away from sunlight or water. God is our only source of spiritual strength. Cut yourself off from him, and you cut off life itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment