Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The attitude of David

The attitude of David
==================
The attitude of David in regard to the sovereignty of God.

David is careful not to place his confident in the symbol. He place his trust in God.

Do you place your trust in baptism to save you or God?

Do you realise like David that baptism did not guarantee salvation?

2 Samuel 15:25-26 ESV
Then the king said to Zadok, “Carry the ark of God back into the city. If I find favor in the eyes of the Lord , he will bring me back and let me see both it and his dwelling place. But if he says, ‘I have no pleasure in you,’ behold, here I am, let him do to me what seems good to him.”

John MacArthur's Commentary
===========================
 2 Sam 15:24–29 Abiathar . . . Zadok. See notes on 8:17. They brought the ark to comfort David with assurance of God’s blessing, but he saw that as placing more confidence in the symbol than in God and sent it back. David knew the possession of the ark did not guarantee God’s blessing (cf. 1 Sam. 4:3).

No comments:

Post a Comment