Thursday, March 19, 2015

What is our standing before the Lord?

What is our standing before the Lord?
==============================

Psalms 22:6 talks about how Christ sees Himself before the Lord. Humble Himself and rely upon the Lord.

Whereas Isaiah 41:14 tells about Jacob as a lowly worm in whom God has shown mercy upon.

Can a worm help himself even if he tries his best?

Do you think you Can help yourself even if you tried your best.

What is your standing before the Lord?

A self reliance man or a helpless worm?

Psalms 22:6-8 NLT
But I am a worm and not a man. I am scorned and despised by all! Everyone who sees me mocks me. They sneer and shake their heads, saying, “Is this the one who relies on the lord ? Then let the lord save him! If the lord loves him so much, let the lord rescue him!”

Pulpit Commentary
Verse 6. - But I am a worm, and no man(comp. Job 25:6; Isaiah 41:14). The worm is a symbol of extreme weakness and helplessness - it is naturally despised, derided, trodden upon.

Isaiah 41:14 NLT
Though you are a lowly worm, O Jacob, don’t be afraid, people of Israel, for I will help you. I am the lord , your Redeemer. I am the Holy One of Israel.’

~Matthew Henry
God's people are as worms, in humble thoughts of themselves, and in their enemies' haughty thoughts of them; worms, but not vipers, not of the serpent's seed. Every part of God's word is calculated to humble man's pride, and to make him appear little in his own eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment