Saturday, September 7, 2013

Rick Warren Views on Unconditional Election.

Rick Warren Views on Unconditional Election.

John Piper:
Would I be right with my question?
Your view of God sovereignty, that you embrace the doctrine of unconditional election?

Rick Warren:
Yes I do. Of course I do.

John Piper:
Another word, God can does chose who would be save before the foundation of the world. Does that be right?

Rick Warren:
Yes. My qualifier on that is... I say if I find the verse that tends to say something else. Like who so ever will may come, I believe them both. My hermeneutic does not demand that I correlate every verse. In other words there are often verse that appears. I'm a John 3:16 question. I believe God so love the world, I do believe that. And I believe that who should ever believe in Him shall not perish but I also believe, you know... predestination from the foundation of the earth. So to me... I'm able to tension in my mind rather than having explain them. I believe them both.

John Piper:
When you say you don't feel oblige to correlate them... you don't think that they ever contradict each other.

Rick Warren:
I do not. I think any appearence contradiction in scripture is my limited capacity. Me trying to understand God is like a ant trying to understand the internet. I don't have the brain capacity.

John piper:
It seems to me that... in the Arminian Calvinist debate for century. Calvinist have spoken like you just did. And Arminian tend to feel like they have to negate unconditional election. Is that true?

Rick Warren:
That's probably true. Instead of saying... can I see both end. Another word theres two kinds of thinking. There is conjunctive thinking and there is disjunctive thinking. Disjunctive think says it has to be either or. Now clearly there are some either or about I either trust Christ or I don't. I'm either pregnent or I'm not. But a lot of thinking in scripture when come to theology, it is in my opinion conjunctive thinking. It's both end.

John Piper:
In my experience, when I see these two, I am press. If I can. Sometime you can't to push them down until the root merges. The reason theres no... They look like who so ever wills may come is a absolute truth. And chosen before the foundation of the world is absolute truth. And you just somehow driven them together. I think theology is an effort.

Rick Warren:
That's why we need guys like you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulHddxQ__9E

No comments:

Post a Comment