Friday, January 4, 2013

The Jews will bring the message of salvation to the gentiles

Genesis 12:3
English Standard Version (ESV)

(A)I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and (B)in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”[a]

Isaiah 49:6
New Living Translation (NLT)

He says, “You will do more than restore the people of Israel to me.
    I will make you a light to the Gentiles,
    and you will bring my salvation to the ends of the earth.”

Acts 13:47
English Standard Version (ESV)

47 (A)For so the Lord has commanded us, saying,
(B)“‘I have made you (C)a light for the Gentiles,
    that you may (D)bring salvation to the ends of the earth.’”

Isaiah 56:3-7
New Living Translation (NLT)

“Don’t let foreigners who commit themselves to the Lord say,
    ‘The Lord will never let me be part of his people.’
And don’t let the eunuchs say,
    ‘I’m a dried-up tree with no children and no future.’
For this is what the Lord says:
I will bless those eunuchs
    who keep my Sabbath days holy
and who choose to do what pleases me
    and commit their lives to me.
I will give them—within the walls of my house—
    a memorial and a name
    far greater than sons and daughters could give.
For the name I give them is an everlasting one.
    It will never disappear!
“I will also bless the foreigners who commit themselves to the Lord,
    who serve him and love his name,
who worship him and do not desecrate the Sabbath day of rest,
    and who hold fast to my covenant.
I will bring them to my holy mountain of Jerusalem
    and will fill them with joy in my house of prayer.
I will accept their burnt offerings and sacrifices,
    because my Temple will be called a house of prayer for all nations.

Isaiah 60:1-3
New Living Translation (NLT)

Future Glory for Jerusalem
60 “Arise, Jerusalem! Let your light shine for all to see.
    For the glory of the Lord rises to shine on you.
Darkness as black as night covers all the nations of the earth,
    but the glory of the Lord rises and appears over you.
All nations will come to your light;
    mighty kings will come to see your radiance.

Jeremiah 16:19-21
New Living Translation (NLT)

Jeremiah’s Prayer of Confidence
19 Lord, you are my strength and fortress,
    my refuge in the day of trouble!
Nations from around the world
    will come to you and say,
“Our ancestors left us a foolish heritage,
    for they worshiped worthless idols.
20 Can people make their own gods?
    These are not real gods at all!”
21 The Lord says,
“Now I will show them my power;
    now I will show them my might.
At last they will know and understand
    that I am the Lord.

Zechariah 2:11
New Living Translation (NLT)

11 Many nations will join themselves to the Lord on that day, and they, too, will be my people. I will live among you, and you will know that the Lord of Heaven’s Armies sent me to you.

Malachi 1:11
New Living Translation (NLT)

11 But my name is honored[a] by people of other nations from morning till night. All around the world they offer[b] sweet incense and pure offerings in honor of my name. For my name is great among the nations,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.

Romans 15:9-12
New Living Translation (NLT)

He also came so that the Gentiles might give glory to God for his mercies to them. That is what the psalmist meant when he wrote:
“For this, I will praise you among the Gentiles;
    I will sing praises to your name.”[a]
10 And in another place it is written,
“Rejoice with his people,
    you Gentiles.”[b]
11 And yet again,
“Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles.
    Praise him, all you people of the earth.”[c]
12 And in another place Isaiah said,
“The heir to David’s throne[d] will come,
    and he will rule over the Gentiles.
They will place their hope on him.”[e]


No comments:

Post a Comment