Monday, December 17, 2012

Jesus the prophet

Jesus the prophet

Old Testament Prophesy

Deuteronomy 18:15-19
New Living Translation (NLT)

True and False Prophets
15 Moses continued, “The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him. 16 For this is what you yourselves requested of the Lord your God when you were assembled at Mount Sinai.[a] You said, ‘Don’t let us hear the voice of the Lord our God anymore or see this blazing fire, for we will die.’
17 “Then the Lord said to me, ‘What they have said is right. 18 I will raise up a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites. I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell the people everything I command him. 19 I will personally deal with anyone who will not listen to the messages the prophet proclaims on my behalf.

Genesis 12:3
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
And (A)I will bless those who bless you,
And the one who [a]curses you I will [b]curse.
(B)And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed.”

Genesis 22:18
New Living Translation (NLT)
18 And through your descendants all the nations of the earth will be blessed—all because you have obeyed me.”

New Testament Fulfilment

Acts 3:17-26
New Living Translation (NLT)
17 “Friends,[a] I realize that what you and your leaders did to Jesus was done in ignorance. 18 But God was fulfilling what all the prophets had foretold about the Messiah—that he must suffer these things. 19 Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away. 20 Then times of refreshment will come from the presence of the Lord, and he will again send you Jesus, your appointed Messiah. 21 For he must remain in heaven until the time for the final restoration of all things, as God promised long ago through his holy prophets. 22 Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from among your own people. Listen carefully to everything he tells you.’[b] 23 Then Moses said, ‘Anyone who will not listen to that Prophet will be completely cut off from God’s people.’[c]
24 “Starting with Samuel, every prophet spoke about what is happening today. 25 You are the children of those prophets, and you are included in the covenant God promised to your ancestors. For God said to Abraham, ‘Through your descendants[d] all the families on earth will be blessed.’ 26 When God raised up his servant, Jesus, he sent him first to you people of Israel, to bless you by turning each of you back from your sinful ways.”

No comments:

Post a Comment