Monday, November 5, 2012

Holy Trinity

Jesus Christ is God

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:18
New Living Translation (NLT)
18 No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God,[a] is near to the Father’s heart. He has revealed God to us.

Colossians 1:15
New Living Translation (NLT)
Christ Is Supreme
15 Christ is the visible image of the invisible God.
    He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation,[a]

John 14:6-7
New Living Translation (NLT)
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is.[a] From now on, you do know him and have seen him!”
John 10:33-38
New Living Translation (NLT)
33 They replied, “We’re stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God.”
34 Jesus replied, “It is written in your own Scriptures[a] that God said to certain leaders of the people, ‘I say, you are gods!’[b] 35 And you know that the Scriptures cannot be altered. So if those people who received God’s message were called ‘gods,’ 36 why do you call it blasphemy when I say, ‘I am the Son of God’? After all, the Father set me apart and sent me into the world. 37 Don’t believe me unless I carry out my Father’s work. 38 But if I do his work, believe in the evidence of the miraculous works I have done, even if you don’t believe me. Then you will know and understand that the Father is in me, and I am in the Father.”


Philippians 2:6
New Living Translation (NLT)
Though he was God,[a]
    he did not think of equality with God
    as something to cling to.

Philippians 2:8-11
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Being found in appearance as a man, (A)He humbled Himself by becoming (B)obedient to the point of death, even (C)death [a]on a cross. (D)For this reason also, God (E)highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him (F)the name which is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus (G)every knee will bow, of (H)those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is (I)Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

John 5:18
For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

John 8:24
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
24 Therefore I said to you that you (A)will die in your sins; for unless you believe that [a](B)I am He, (C)you will die in your sins.”

John 14:9-11
New Living Translation (NLT)
Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I speak are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me. 11 Just believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or at least believe because of the work you have seen me do.

John 20:28-29
New King James Version (NKJV)
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas,[a] because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Jesus Christ is Almighty God!

Acts 9:3-5
New Living Translation (NLT)
As he was approaching Damascus on this mission, a light from heaven suddenly shone down around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul! Saul! Why are you persecuting me?”
“Who are you, lord?” Saul asked.
And the voice replied, “I am Jesus, the one you are persecuting!

Acts 9:10-15
New Living Translation (NLT)
10 Now there was a believer[a] in Damascus named Ananias. The Lord spoke to him in a vision, calling, “Ananias!”
“Yes, Lord!” he replied.
11 The Lord said, “Go over to Straight Street, to the house of Judas. When you get there, ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul. He is praying to me right now. 12 I have shown him a vision of a man named Ananias coming in and laying hands on him so he can see again.”
13 “But Lord,” exclaimed Ananias, “I’ve heard many people talk about the terrible things this man has done to the believers[b] in Jerusalem! 14 And he is authorized by the leading priests to arrest everyone who calls upon your name.”
15 But the Lord said, “Go, for Saul is my chosen instrument to take my message to the Gentiles and to kings, as well as to the people of Israel.

Romans 9:5
English Standard Version (ESV)
To them belong (A)the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ, (B)who is God over all, (C)blessed forever. Amen.


The First and the last

Revelation 2:8
New Living Translation (NLT)
The Message to the Church in Smyrna
“Write this letter to the angel of the church in Smyrna. This is the message from the one who is the First and the Last, who was dead but is now alive:

Isaiah 44:6
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
“Thus says the Lord, the (A)King of Israel and his (B)Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
‘I am the (C)first and I am the last,
And there is no God (D)besides Me.

Revelation 1:12-17
New Living Translation (NLT)
12 When I turned to see who was speaking to me, I saw seven gold lampstands. 13 And standing in the middle of the lampstands was someone like the Son of Man.[a] He was wearing a long robe with a gold sash across his chest. 14 His head and his hair were white like wool, as white as snow. And his eyes were like flames of fire. 15 His feet were like polished bronze refined in a furnace, and his voice thundered like mighty ocean waves. 16 He held seven stars in his right hand, and a sharp two-edged sword came from his mouth. And his face was like the sun in all its brilliance.
17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as if I were dead. But he laid his right hand on me and said, “Don’t be afraid! I am the First and the Last.

God in three person

Genesis 3:22
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
22 Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of (A)Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from (B)the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”—


Jesus Christ is the Son of God
Hebrews 1:1-4
New Living Translation (NLT)
Long ago God spoke many times and in many ways to our ancestors through the prophets. And now in these final days, he has spoken to us through his Son. God promised everything to the Son as an inheritance, and through the Son he created the universe. The Son radiates God’s own glory and expresses the very character of God, and he sustains everything by the mighty power of his command. When he had cleansed us from our sins, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God in heaven. This shows that the Son is far greater than the angels, just as the name God gave him is greater than their names.

1 John 4:15
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
15 (A)Whoever confesses that (B)Jesus is the Son of God, God (C)abides in him, and he in God.

 Acts 13:32-33
New Living Translation (NLT)
32 “And now we are here to bring you this Good News. The promise was made to our ancestors, 33 and God has now fulfilled it for us, their descendants, by raising Jesus. This is what the second psalm says about Jesus:
‘You are my Son.
    Today I have become your Father.[a]’

Psalm 2:7
New Living Translation (NLT)
7 The king proclaims the Lord’s decree:
“The Lord said to me, ‘You are my son.[a]
    Today I have become your Father.[b]


Jesus Speaks the way God himself speaks
 
John 18:6
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
So when He said to them, “I am He,” they drew back and fell to the ground.

Exodus 3:14
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
14 God said to Moses, “[a](A)I AM WHO [b]I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘[c]I AM has sent me to you.’”

God the Father is greater than God the Son.

John 14:28
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
28 (A)You heard that I said to you, ‘I go away, and (B)I will come to you.’ If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced because (C)I go to the Father, for (D)the Father is greater than I.

Holy Spirit

1 John 3:24
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
24 The one who (A)keeps His commandments (B)abides in Him, and He in him. (C)We know by this that (D)He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

John 14:26
New Living Translation (NLT)
26 But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you.

John 15:26
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
26 “When the [a](A)Helper comes, (B)whom I will send to you from the Father, that is (C)the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, (D)He will testify about Me,

We cannot be Christian without his Spirit

Romans 8:9

New Living Translation (NLT)
But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)

We cannot be join to christ without his spirit

1 Corinthians 6:17
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
17 But the one who joins himself to the Lord is (A)one spirit with Him.

we cannot be adopted as his children without his Spirit)

Romans 8:14-17
New Living Translation (NLT)
14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children[a] of God.
15 So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children.[b] Now we call him, “Abba, Father.”[c] 16 For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children. 17 And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.


Galatians 4:6-7
New Living Translation (NLT)
And because we[a] are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, “Abba, Father.”[b] Now you are no longer a slave but God’s own child.[c] And since you are his child, God has made you his heir.

we cannot be in the body of Christ except by baptism in the Spirit

1 Corinthians 12:13
New Living Translation (NLT)
13 Some of us are Jews, some are Gentiles,[a] some are slaves, and some are free. But we have all been baptized into one body by one Spirit, and we all share the same Spirit.[b]

The Spirit is the power of our new lives. He begins a lifelong process of change as we become more like Christ

Galatians 3:3
New Living Translation (NLT)
How foolish can you be? After starting your Christian lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?

Philippians 1:6
New Living Translation (NLT)
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

The Spirit unites the Christian community in Christ

Ephesians 2:19-22
New Living Translation (NLT)
A Temple for the Lord
19 So now you Gentiles are no longer strangers and foreigners. You are citizens along with all of God’s holy people. You are members of God’s family. 20 Together, we are his house, built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets. And the cornerstone is Christ Jesus himself. 21 We are carefully joined together in him, becoming a holy temple for the Lord. 22 Through him you Gentiles are also being made part of this dwelling where God lives by his Spirit.

The Holy Spirit can be experienced by all, and he works through all

1 Corinthians 12:11
New Living Translation (NLT)
11 It is the one and only Spirit who distributes all these gifts. He alone decides which gift each person should have.

Ephesians 4:4
New Living Translation (NLT)
For there is one body and one Spirit, just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future.



Luke 24:49
English Standard Version (ESV)

49 And behold, I am sending (A)the promise of my Father upon you. But stay in the city until you (B)are clothed with (C)power (D)from on high.”

Joel 2:28-29
English Standard Version (ESV)

The Lord Will Pour Out His Spirit
28 [a] (A)“And it shall come to pass afterward,
    that (B)I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh;
(C)your sons and (D)your daughters shall prophesy,
    your old men shall dream dreams,
    and your young men shall see visions.
29 (E)Even on the male and female servants
    in those days I will pour out my Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment