Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fighter Verse

Galatians 5:16New American Standard Bible (NASB)16 But I say, (A)walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out (B)the desire of the flesh.

2 Timothy 2:19-21New Living Translation (NLT)19 But God’s truth stands firm like a foundation stone with this inscription: “TheLord knows those who are his,”[a] and “All who belong to the Lord must turn away from evil.”[b]
20 In a wealthy home some utensils are made of gold and silver, and some are made of wood and clay. The expensive utensils are used for special occasions, and the cheap ones are for everyday use. 21 If you keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honorable use. Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for the Master to use you for every good work.


2 Timothy 4:18New American Standard Bible (NASB)18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed, and will [a](A)bring me safely to His (B)heavenly kingdom; (C)to [b]Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.


Psalm 119:9
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Beth.

9 How can a young man keep his way pure?By (A)keeping it according to Your word.


Psalm 25New American Standard Bible (NASB)Prayer for Protection, Guidance and Pardon.

A Psalm of David.


25 To You, O Lord, I (A)lift up my soul.2 O my God, in You (B)I trust,Do not let me (C)be ashamed;Do not let my (D)enemies exult over me.3 Indeed, (E)none of those who wait for You will be ashamed;[a]Those who (F)deal treacherously without cause will be ashamed.4 (G)Make me know Your ways, O Lord;Teach me Your paths.5 Lead me in (H)Your truth and teach me,For You are the (I)God of my salvation;For You I (J)wait all the day.6 (K)Remember, O Lord, Your compassion and Your lovingkindnesses,For they have been [b](L)from of old.7 Do not remember the (M)sins of my youth or my transgressions;(N)According to Your lovingkindness remember me,For Your (O)goodness’ sake, O Lord.8 (P)Good and (Q)upright is the Lord;Therefore He (R)instructs sinners in the way.9 He (S)leads the [c]humble in justice,And He (T)teaches the [d]humble His way.10 All the paths of the Lord are (U)lovingkindness and truthTo (V)those who keep His covenant and His testimonies.11 For (W)Your name’s sake, O Lord,(X)Pardon my iniquity, for it is great.12 Who is the man who (Y)fears the Lord?He will (Z)instruct him in the way he should choose.13 His soul will (AA)abide in [e]prosperity,And his [f]descendants will (AB)inherit the [g]land.14 The [h](AC)secret of the Lord is for those who fear Him,[i]And He will (AD)make them know His covenant.15 My (AE)eyes are continually toward the Lord,For He will [j](AF)pluck my feet out of the net.16 (AG)Turn to me and be gracious to me,For I am (AH)lonely and afflicted.17 [k]The (AI)troubles of my heart are enlarged;Bring me (AJ)out of my distresses.18 (AK)Look upon my affliction and my [l]trouble,And (AL)forgive all my sins.19 Look upon my enemies, for they (AM)are many,And they (AN)hate me with violent hatred.20 (AO)Guard my soul and deliver me;Do not let me (AP)be ashamed, for I take refuge in You.21 Let (AQ)integrity and uprightness preserve me,For (AR)I wait for You.22 (AS)Redeem Israel, O God,Out of all his troubles.

Romans 6:12-13New American Standard Bible (NASB)12 Therefore do not let sin (A)reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts, 13 and do not go on (B)presenting [a]the members of your body to sin as [b]instruments of unrighteousness; but (C)present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as [c]instruments of righteousness to God.

~John Piper Faith in a superior promise server the root of the promise of sin.

~Paul WasherMany of you will study the Bible, many of you will pray, many of you will seek out Godly fellowship, and at the same time, you do not make that much progress with regard to the purity of your heart, because you're constantly allowing filth to be pumped in. Five seconds of filth on the television will take away two hours of good Bible study. 

You have to guard you heart. Why? Jesus has already told us in Matthew 15 that from the heart springs everything. If you want your actions to be pure, your heart must be pure. How can we have a pure heart? It's by guarding it. Protecting it. Do not be transformed by this world. Do not be conformed to it. Do not allow it to get near you

No comments:

Post a Comment