Friday, August 17, 2012

Seek not to grow in knowledge for the sake of applause

~Jonathan Edwards
Seek not to grow in knowledge for the sake of applause and to enable you to dispute with others; but seek it for the benefit of your souls.

In our excitement to learn and know about our infinite God. Let us be careful not to fall into sin. For our knowledge of Him is granted by Him. With trembling and fear we preach about your words for we are not worthy to speaks of your greatness and O how little we know of your greatness! Our speaking of you only brings humiliation to you. And indeed who am I O Lord that you should bestow me the knowledge of your greatness! That I may be silent before you and be filled with awe all the days of my life.

Romans 11:33
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
33 Oh, the depth of (A)the riches [a]both of the (B)wisdom and knowledge of God! (C)How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!

Job 42:2-6
New Living Translation (NLT)
2 “I know that you can do anything,
    and no one can stop you.
3 You asked, ‘Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?’
    It is I—and I was talking about things I knew nothing about,
    things far too wonderful for me.
4 You said, ‘Listen and I will speak!
    I have some questions for you,
    and you must answer them.’
5 I had only heard about you before,
    but now I have seen you with my own eyes.
6 I take back everything I said,
    and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance.”

2 Peter 1:3
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
3 seeing that His (A)divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true (B)knowledge of Him who (C)called us [a]by His own glory and [b]excellence.

Colossians 1:27
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
27 to whom (A)God willed to make known what is (B)the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is (C)Christ in you, the (D)hope of glory.

Daniel 2:21
New Living Translation (NLT)
21 He controls the course of world events;
    he removes kings and sets up other kings.
He gives wisdom to the wise
    and knowledge to the scholars.

Ephesians 1:18
New Living Translation (NLT)
18 I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance.[a]

No comments:

Post a Comment