Wednesday, April 27, 2011

An encounter with the tempter

It was 3am in the morning. I was coughing heavily. The ordeal was unbearable. Suddenly the devil spoke to me: "Take this. It will relieve you of your pain." But I refuse to take his advice and prayed: "Father God can you please chase this satan away so that he'll stop bugging me? I just wanna be righteous with you. Help me please.." Immediately after the prayer. The familiar prompting was gone and I found an sense of peace. As though a big brother was beside me protecting me and giving me assurance from further harm. I felt secure and found a new strength to overcome. That was close.. I know the devil will surely come back again tomorrow with new gimmick and "2nd hand pain killer". But it's ok. I win the battle today. That's what important. Let tomorrow worries about it own. Besides my big brother is always there as and when I need his protection.. It's just a prayer away.

1 Peter 5:9
Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment