Monday, January 31, 2011

Every time as I strive to do what’s right

Every time as I strive to do what’s right, for the very wrong I do feel terrible. While after I started doing what’s wrong, the very next wrong I do feels alright... This is a scary thought. May the Lord have mercy on me

Hosea 5:4 (New International Version)

4 “Their deeds do not permit them
to return to their God.
A spirit of prostitution is in their heart;
they do not acknowledge the LORD.

Commentary:
Persistent sin hardens a person’s heart, making it difficult to repent. Deliberately choosing to disobey God can sear the conscience; each sin makes the next one easier to commit. Don’t allow sin to groove a hard path deep within you. Steer as far away from sinful practices as possible.

~J.C Ryle
Every Fresh act of Sin lessen fear and remorse. Hardern our hearts, blunt the edge of our conscience and increases our evil inclination.

No comments:

Post a Comment